Implant Dentures: Reclaim Your Smile with Confidence
～ With Supercare implant dentures, you can get back your full set of shiny new teeth and smile your brightest smile for the world to see ～
Tooth loss comes with a vast set of challenges and discomfort. From difficulty in enjoying food to jaw pain and deterioration of oral health, it can severely hamper one’s quality of life. However, these problems can be easily addressed by the revolutionary method of implant dentures. In our commitment to transform smiles and restore confidence, we offer dental advanced solutions to replace missing teeth and offer sturdy, long-term assistance.
Do missing teeth make you feel self-conscious about smiling? Implant dentures may be the solution for you.
What are implant-supported dentures?
Implant-supported dentures are a modern and effective way to replace missing teeth. Unlike traditional removable dentures, which rely on adhesives or suction for stability, implant-supported dentures are firmly anchored to dental implants that are surgically placed in the jawbone. This secure attachment provides exceptional stability and prevents slippage, offering a comfortable and natural-feeling solution for those with missing teeth.
Implant dentures are preferred because they combine the stability of dental implants with the convenience of dentures. They are perfect for those looking to restore their oral function and aesthetics. Implant dentures can be used to replace multiple missing teeth or an entire dental arch, and their versatility makes them a valuable option in modern dentistry.
Procedure of implant dentures
When you come to the Supercare clinic for getting your implant dentures, the usual process will involve the following steps:
- Consultation : First, we begin with an assessment of your oral problems and a treatment plan is prepared by our orthodontists.
- Implant Placement : A professional will then surgically insert the dental implants into your jawbone. This procedure will probably involve anaesthesia or other analgesics such as penthrox.
- Healing : You will have to wait for several months for the implants to fuse with the bone, that is, for the osseointegration to take place.
- Abutment Placement : Once the implants are fully fused, the dentist will attach abutments to the implants. These are screw-like components that provide a strong foundation for your new teeth.
- Denture Fabrication : Our experts will create custom implant dentures that fit over the abutments.
- Fitting and Adjustments : You will get to ensure whether the denture is proper fit and make necessary adjustments.
- Final Placement : Finally, we will securely attach the finalised denture to the implants.
- Super Aftercare : You will receive thorough instructions for denture and implant maintenance, along with scheduled regular check-ups.
Types of dental implant dentures
At Supercare, we use different types of implant dentures that combine the strength and stability of titanium alloy posts with the aesthetic appeal of tooth-coloured acrylic resin material. The titanium alloy posts are surgically placed in the jawbone, anchoring the denture securely. These posts act as strong foundations, promoting durability and preventing denture slippage during daily activities.
The tooth-coloured acrylic resin creates the visible part of the denture, closely resembling the look of natural teeth and gums for a natural and attractive smile. Together, these materials ensure that your implant dentures function reliably and provide the comfortable and aesthetically pleasing solution you deserve.
Benefits of dental implant dentures
Among the many benefits of dental implant dentures, the most prominent ones are as follows:
- Exceptional Stability : Implant dentures are securely anchored with abutments, preventing denture slippage and ensuring confidence during eating and speaking.
- Longevity and Durability : Our titanium alloy posts provide a durable foundation, offering a long-lasting solution for missing teeth.
- Prevention of Bone Loss : Implant dentures help maintain jawbone health by preventing bone loss and preserving facial structure.
- Aesthetic Appeal : The tooth-coloured acrylic resin material we use closely resembles natural teeth, resulting in an attractive and lifelike smile.
- Enhanced Quality of Life : One of the main benefits of implant dentures is that they combine function and aesthetics, offering a comfortable and visually pleasing solution that will ultimately improve your quality of life.
Benefits of getting implant dentures
Our commitment to excellence in dental care, the expertise of our dental professionals, state-of-the-art technology, and personalised patient-focused approach makes us the ideal choice for your implant-retained denture treatment.
Moreover, our implant-retained dentures reportedly have success rates above 90-95%. So you can rest assured that you will have a complete and confident smile very soon.
Aftercare for dental implant dentures is essential for their long-term success. Once your implant dentures are fully affixed in their place, make you to take the following precautions:
- Oral Hygiene: Maintain excellent oral hygiene with regular brushing and flossing, paying attention to the implant area.
- Follow-up Appointments: Attend scheduled follow-up appointments with your dentist for monitoring and potential adjustments.
- No Smoking: Avoid smoking, as it can impede the healing process and increase the risk of implant complications.
- Dietary Considerations: Initially, consume soft foods and gradually reintroduce harder items to protect the implants during healing.
- Mouthguard: If engaging in physical activities or experiencing teeth grinding, use a mouthguard to protect the implants.
If you are someone who suffers from tooth loss and wants to reclaim their smile, contact us today to schedule your first free consultation!
Does insurance cover the cost of implant dentures?
While Australia’s public health insurance system does not cover the cost of dental implant dentures, private dental insurance may cover part of the cost of the implants, depending on your policy. We suggest you thoroughly check your health fund’s terms and conditions before making the decision.
If you do not have an active insurance policy for dental treatment, you can use your Super for funding your dental implant dentures. We are here to assist you with the procedure to disburse your Super so that you can get the dental attention you need at the right time.
Dental Implant Dentures FAQs
Pain or discomfort during dental implant denture placement is typically managed with local anaesthesia. Some post-procedure discomfort may occur but can usually be managed with over-the-counter pain medications and subsides within a few days.
Implant dentures can last a long time, often a lifetime, with proper care and maintenance. The durability depends on factors like oral hygiene, the quality of materials, and individual habits.
The duration of the implant denture procedure varies but can take several months to complete. It involves multiple stages, including implant placement, healing, and attaching the denture. Your dentist will provide a personalised timeline based on your specific case.
The cost of implant dentures can vary depending on a number of factors, including the number of implants required, the type of dentures used, and location of the dental clinic. In and around Sydney, implant dentures can cost anywhere from AUD $10,000 to $30,000.
Recovery time after receiving implant dentures typically involves a few days to a week of initial discomfort and swelling. However, it can take several months for complete healing and the integration of implants with the jawbone.
Implant-supported dentures can be either fixed (permanent) or removable, depending on the type and patient preference. Fixed implant-supported dentures are not removable by the patient and can only be taken out by a dentist. Removable implant-supported dentures can be taken out by the wearer for cleaning and maintenance.